By Jerome Teelucksingh
I want to invite all members of PrisonEducation.com to observe International Men’s Day on 19 November 2014. International Men’s Day continues to cross geographical, political, cultural, and language barriers and was celebrated by boys, girls, men, and women of different ethnicities, ages, religions, and classes. The theme for 2014 is “Working Together For Men and Boys.”
International Men’s Day has 6 objectives which include promoting peace, equality, tolerance, and understanding. The objectives are:
- To promote positive male role models, not just movie stars and sportsmen but everyday, working-class men who are living decent, honest lives.
- To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.
- To focus on men’s health and well-being — social, emotional, physical, and spiritual.
- To highlight discrimination against men — in areas of social services, social attitudes, and expectations and law.
- To improve gender relations and promote gender equality.
- To create a safer and better world where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
Published Oct 15, 2014 by Christopher Zoukis, JD, MBA | Last Updated by Christopher Zoukis, JD, MBA on Jul 24, 2023 at 11:41 am