At the Zoukis Consulting Group, we offer a variety of prison preparation, in-prison matters, and reentry services. Due to these various services’ breadth of scope and time commitments, we offer customized pricing for each project. That said, each service category tends to fall within a specific range.
For anyone interested in retaining our services, and those on a more limited budget, we highly recommend picking up a copy of the Federal Prison Handbook by Christopher Zoukis. This bestselling book on surviving the Federal Bureau of Prisons is used as an element of our full-service prison preparation program.
To hire the Zoukis Consulting Group to assist you with your federal prison needs, please book a one-hour initial consultation. Our consultants are standing by, ready to help you in your time of need.
Please note our firm bills hourly for all work on client matters. Fees range from $300 to $500 per hour, depending on the issue being addressed and the expertise required.
Our prison preparation work consists of preparing federal criminal defendants for a term of incarceration. Our objective with this work is to impart as much information as possible so clients can make the best decisions when they get to prison.
- Full-Service Prison Preparation: $7,500 to $15,000 initial retainer*
- Limited Scope Prison Preparation: $5,000 to $7,500 initial retainer
- Hourly Consulting: $300 to $500 per hour
*Includes access to Prison Preparation Video Series discussed below.
We also offer a prison preparation video library. These videos consist of Christopher Zoukis, author of the Federal Prison Handbook and Directory of Federal Prisons, walking clients through the basics of federal prison and how to prepare for a term of federal incarceration. While not individualized based on each client’s unique circumstances, these are highly cost-effective prison preparation methods.
- Prison Preparation Video Series: $500 for access to all videos.
Our in-prison matters services are more project-oriented and focus on a specific issue. For example, the client might be seeking a transfer to a different prison or believe their case manager incorrectly calculated their security points. A client might need medical care, which is not forthcoming. Or even a client might be housed in the Special Housing Unit (SHU) due to protective custody and wants a transfer to a safer prison facility. As you can see, the issues involved are serious and complex.
We charge based on the specific project for our in-prison matters services. With this being said, the following fees are typical:
- Consultation on Issue with Recommendations: $250 for a one-hour initial consultation
- Administrative Remedy: $7,500 initial retainer for administrative remedy and applicable appeals
- Security Classification Review/Objections: $7,500 initial retainer for security classification review and written objections
- Prison Transfer Assistance: $7,500 initial retainer to review the case, provide input/direction, and draft a request to the case manager
- Compassionate Release/Elderly Offender Release Petition: $10,000 initial retainer
- Communications with Bureau Officials: These are included within the above assistance. We bill hourly for this form of outreach, with rates ranging from $300 to $500 per hour.
The above is just a sampling of the in-prison services that we offer. The typical starting point for any in-prison service is $7,500.
Our reentry services tend to commence before clients are released from custody. The typical first reentry project assists clients in presenting the most compelling case for the maximum amount of halfway house or home confinement possible.
After expanding halfway house and home confinement placement, our reentry services revolve around creating a reentry plan (e.g., housing, employment, support network, etc.). At this phase, we also discuss supervised release with clients to answer their questions and help them understand what to expect.
After release from custody, our services revolve around hourly reentry assistance and troubleshooting supervised release issues or problems with the supervised release officer.
The following are our typical price points for each reentry service:
- Halfway House and Home Confinement Maximization: $7,500 initial retainer
- Reentry Planning: $5,000 to $7,500 initial retainer
- Hourly Reentry Assistance: $300 to $400 per hour
- Supervised Release Preparation: $5,000 to $7,500 initial retainer
- Troubleshooting Supervised Release Issues: $300 to $500 per hour
Note About Rates
Our services are based on hourly rates, with different consultants billing differing amounts depending on project focus. We bill $300 per hour for case management matters and $400 to $500 per hour for legal and policy application matters.
We understand prisoners’ families often cannot make a substantial financial investment. As such, we offer one-hour initial consultations for $250. While this is not enough time to intervene directly in each case, this allows our team to provide recommendations regarding how to proceed and best apply self-advocacy techniques.
If you would like to hire us to assist you with prison preparation, in-prison matters, or reentry services and cannot do so due to financial constraints, please consider booking a one-hour initial consultation.
How to Hire Us
Published May 11, 2021 by Christopher Zoukis, JD, MBA | Last Updated by Christopher Zoukis, JD, MBA on Mar 26, 2023 at 2:52 am