- Prison Survival Guide
- How to Prepare for Prison | Going to Prison
- First Day In Prison | First Day in Federal Prison
- Federal Prison Intake: Admission Orientation
- Life In A Jail Cell: How To Greet Cellmates
- What Is Federal Prison Really Like: How to Talk To Prison Guards
- What Do You Eat In Prison
- Showers and Toilets in Prison
- Laundry, Clothing, and Bedding in Prison
- The Prison Commissary: What Can You Buy In Prison?
- Day In The Life Of A Prisoner: Practicing Religion
- Searches, Shakedowns, and Contraband in Prison
- Inside A Prison Cell: Inmate Counts
- Can You Smoke In Prison?
- Communication Inside A Federal Prison
- Things To Do In Prison
- Health & Wellness
- How To Survive Prison: Special Tactics
Communication Inside a Federal Prison
Federal prisoners can communicate from inside a Federal Prison with the outside in various ways. Click any of the links below to learn more.
U.S. Postal Mail: Federal prisoners are permitted to receive mail during incarceration. This mail can be sent from virtually anyone outside of prison (e.g., friends, family, businesses, etc.), but some restrictions exist.
Legal Correspondence: Prisoners confined within the Federal Bureau of Prisons do enjoy the right to privileged legal communications with their attorneys.
Inmate Telephones: Inmates incarcerated within the Federal Bureau of Prisons have access to a monitored telephone system that permits them to call approved contacts.
TRULINCS Inmate Email: Federal prisoners can access the Trust Fund Limited Inmate Computer System (TRULINCS), which permits them to email authorized community members.
Inmate Visitation: Prisoners are permitted to have visits with family and friends. While visitation policies differ depending on the federal prison in question, the general rules and procedures are the same for all facilities.
Contact us for more information on prisoner and attorney communications or other aspects of prison life.
How to Prepare for Prison
First Day in Federal Prison
- First Day in Federal Prison
- Admissions and Orientation
- How to Greet Cellmates
- How to Talk to Prison Guards
- What Do You Eat in Prison
- Prison Showers and Toilets
- Laundry, Clothing, and Bedding
- Prison Commissary
- Religion in Prison
- Searches and Shakedowns for Contraband
- Inmate Counts
- Smoking in Prison
- Inmate Work Assignments
- Education in Prison
- Recreation in Prison
- Radios and MP3 Players in Prison
- Electronic Law Library
- The Black Market in Prison
- Alcohol and Drugs in Prison
- Violence and Sexual Assault in Prison
Communicating with the Outside World
- Communicating with the Outside World
- Postal Mail
- Legal Correspondence
- Inmate Telephones
- Corrlinks.com Inmate Email
- Inmate Visitation
- How to Send Money to Inmates
Health and Wellness
Special Prison Survival Tactics
- Special Prison Survival Tactics
- LGBT Inmates Survival Tactics
- Female Prisoners
- Sex Offender Survival Tactics
For more information about prison life and how to prepare for prison, please email [email protected] or call 843-620-1100. Our team of experienced prison consultants stands ready to assist you in your time of need.
Published Apr 7, 2016 by Christopher Zoukis, JD, MBA | Last Updated by Christopher Zoukis, JD, MBA on Mar 29, 2023 at 6:22 am